While I don’t always advocate taking shortcuts and easy routes, this one is just too good not to share with you.
Imagine if you could just about guarantee that every headline, subject, and title you write is a hit, and do it without spending days compiling headline lists and testing them against each other. What would that be worth to you?
You can quickly create a psychological state of desire in your reader by using a variation of these five words in your titles, subject lines, and calls to action.
No one gets tired of hearing their own name or even being spoken directly to.
- You Can Easily Double Your Profits In 2 Steps
- This Is The Simple Diet Solution You’ve Been Looking For
- You can Be Your Child’s Hero When You Do This
Who doesn’t love easy? Easy ways to make money, to get in shape, to become healthier, wealthier, and wise.
- 10 Ways to Easily Make $200 a Day
- 7 Simple Steps to Doubling Your Vocabulary and Sounding 10 Times Smarter
- The Lazy Baker’s Method to Make Scrumptious Chocolate Croissants
People want everything quicker and faster these days, and if you can provide that speed, they will love it.
- The 10-Minute Guide to Building Your Consulting Business
- How to Lose 15 Pounds in 21 Days
- How to Write Twice as Much in Half the Time
This is the best-known and perhaps most-used word for titles that increase conversions. In fact, I challenge you to test two nearly identical headlines, one using the word “free” and one without it to see what happens.
- How to Start a Business for Free and Make Money Within 7 Days
- The Free Insider’s Guide to Mastering SEO in 5 Steps
- 10 Free SEO Tools You Need to Know About Now
And of course, this list would not be complete without the mention of money. While ‘free’ is all about getting stuff without paying, ‘money’ is all about making the greenbacks. If you can make it sound realistic, then mentioning money works.
- Free: The Exact Course I Used to Make My First Million
- How to Double Your Conversions while Tripling Your Income
- 30 Money Generating Tips from the Hottest Internet Businesses
Words like You, Free, Money, Easy and Fast are effective because they capture attention, remove barriers and entice readers with what they want: Quick, simple solutions to their problems.
That’s why when you see a headline such as, “5 Easy Ways to Double Your Sales,” you almost cannot help but click on it.
When possible, combine two or even three of these words in a headline. It’s fine to use synonyms, too. For example, other words and terms for ‘fast’ are:
- In a Snap
- In X Days
- In X Minutes
- In X Steps
- Like Crazy
- Follow These 5 Simple Steps and PRESTO! Your Business is Up and Running
- How to Get Board Certified in Just 5 Steps
- 7 Easy Methods to Make Money Like Crazy
I challenge you to use at least one of these 5 words in your next 10 headlines and measure the results compared to your last 10, and then let me know the results. I think you will be pleased indeed at your higher rates of opens and clicks.
Be the first to comment